The closer it gets to fall, the more I’m reflecting on this summer and what I wish I had done. In all honesty, it was too hot to do anything fun this year. For me, anyway. I didn’t even swim! Pretty sure that’s the first time in my life I went a whole summer without swimming. Yeah, I did bad this year.
With that said, I’m determined to make next summer as fun and special as possible. Here’s what I would like to do.
1. Get good at taking night pictures and shoot at a fair. The last few years, our county fair has downgraded SEVERELY. In high school, it was the best thing ever. I would always go on the night of my last day of school. It was always a magical way to start summer. Even though it’s not like it used to be, I’m determined to capture what little magicalness it has left!
2. Explore what little bodies of water Tennessee does have. Mainly lakes and creeks, but whatever works! Maybe I’ll add to the tiny rock collection I started a couple summers ago. I used to keep them on my nightstand, and Trey even has a couple in his car. I like the sparkly ones.
3. Take advantage of summer storms. During middle school, you better believe I was outside every time it rained. I loved it. Everything is more fun! Rollerblading, basketball, or just jumping in puddles while wearing cute rain boots! I very much miss this.
4. Take a night road trip to somewhere scenic and capture the sunrise. I’m thinking Natchez Trace.
5. Capture the fireflies. I used to love driving past open fields at night just to watch them fly by like shooting stars. When it comes down to it, they’re my favorite thing about summer.
It’s not a lot at the moment, but I assure you, the list will grow as the year moves on. I miss summer, already. Even if it wasn’t an exciting one.
Anyone already thinking about their next summer plans?